Benchmarks for Rad Safety Programs

Re: Benchmarks for Rad Safety Programs

exact costs of each service.  But on several occasions, we have come up
with specific information on the man hours required to do each task, on a
per week/month/year basis, in order to justify staff increase requests.  We
look at each task, and average the number of hours per week, month or year,
and average it out.  The same methodology would be fairly easy to translate
into dollars per unit task per year.

This is good information to have on hand for numerous purposes, and not too
difficult to generate and maintain.

Good luck.

Kristin

All comments herein contained are my own opinions and/or experiences and
are not necessarily those of my employer or institution.

Kristin Erickson, Radiation Safety Officer
Office of Radiation, Chemical and Biological Safety
C124 Research Complex-Eng.
Michigan State University
East Lansing, Michigan 48824
Telephone: (517) 355-5008   Fax: (517)353-4871   Email: 10525kfb@msu.edu