Re: Re[2]: smoke detector overkill

I have heard, second hand and from whom I don't remember, the line
is drawn when a licensee collects the smoke detectors for disposal.
For example, a smoke detector manufacturer may not dispose as trash
any stock or defective smoke detectors.  If an individual in a lab
throws a smoke detector into the trash that is supposedly okay, but
if a safety office collects them for disposal they are rad waste.
So I guess one should just take them home and throw them away ;)

Dale

It doesn't have to make sense, it's the law.  Or is it? I don't know.