Looking for new alpha/beta counter

Greetings

The Fallout and Reactor section of the Radiation Protection Bureau is
looking for a new automatic alpha beta counter.  I recently found out
that Canberra has stopped selling their model (it didn't make enough
money for the company).

The counter will be used to count filter papers (2" diam.) mounted in a
planchet.

The counter should be able to handle 50 samples in an unattended mode.

Views, comments, warnings, and advice on who makes good counters would be
appreciated.

Regards
	Gary

| H     H   M       M   L	|  Gary H. Kramer			      |
| H     H   MM     MM   L	|  Head, Human Monitoring Laboratory	      |
| H     H   M M   M M   L	|  The Canadian National Calibration Reference|
| H     H   M  M M  M   L	|  Centre for In-Vivo Monitoring	      |
| HHHHHHH   M   M   M   L	|  775 Brookfield Road, Ottawa, Ontario	      |
| H     H   M       M   L	|  CANADA K1A 1C1			      |
| H     H   M       M   L	|  Tel: 613 954 6668;  Fax 613 957 1089	      |
| H     H   M       M   LLLLLLL |  GKRAMER@HPB.HWC.CA			      |