Re: Other list-servers

>Does anyone know of any other HP related list-servers other than RADSAFE?
>I have heard DOSE-NET mentioned.  I would appreciate a list, the name of
>the list-server to which one would subscribe and its topic of interest.

I believe the following is the list/FAQ you are referring to.
I found it on the cwis.usc.edu gopher server under:
  Gopher Jewels
    Engineering and Industrial Applications
      Safety
        Safety Information Resources on the Internet
          New_text_files
            Internet_Safety_Resources

Safety Related Internet Resources
94-10-01

NB. These references are presented in the spirit of Internet
cooperation.  No promotion or recommendation of a particular
reference is intended or implied.  At any point in time, any
particular reference may or may not be useful to you for your
specific purposes: no guarantee of usefulness or suitability is
intended or implied.

All effort has been made to verify addresses, but no guarantee
can be given that they will be "live" by the time you get around
to checking them.  The date in brackets after an entry is the last
time we have accessed that site.  No date means we haven't had
time to check it out.  If you have corrections or additions to this
list, please e-mail me at carolla@mrg.sas.ab.ca.
Thanks... and enjoy!

Mailing Lists
AV-ROTOR
        Operated by the Helicopter Association International
        and has some EMS discussions
        send SUBSCRIBE AV-ROTOR John Doe to
                listserv@rotor.com
BIOSAFTY
        Hosted by MIT for the American Biological Safety Assn.
        Note: spell it biosafty not biosafety
        send SUBSCRIBE BIOSAFTY John Doe to
                listserv@mitvma.mit.edu
CMTS-L (94-08-29)
        Chemical management and tracking
        send SUBSCRIBE CMTS-L John Doe to
                listserv@cornell.edu
DOSE-NET
        Related to internal dosimetry (Oak Ridge Institute)
        send SUBSCRIBE DOSE_NET John Doe to
                mailserv@orau.gov
EMERG-L (94-09-30)
        Emergency services
        send SUBSCRIBE EMERG-L John Doe to
                listserv@bitnic.educom.edu
EPA-PRESS
        EPA press releases
        send SUBSCRIBE EPA-PRESS John Doe to
                listserv@unixmail.rtpnc.epa.gov
ERAPPA-L (94-09-30)
        Physical plants
        send SUBSCRIBE ERAPPA-L John Doe to
                listserv@psuvm.psu.edu
FACSER-L (94-08-29)
        Facilities and services
        send SUBSCRIBE FACSER-L John Doe to
                listserv@wvnvm.wvnet.edu
FIRENET
        send SUBSCRIBE FIRENET John Doe to
                listserv@life.anu.edu.au
FIRST-AID
        Casual and professional users of first aid
        send SUBSCRIBE FIRST-AID John Doe to
                first-aid-request@rabble.uow.edu.au
HELPNET (94-09-29)
        Network emergency response planning
        send SUBSCRIBE HELPNET John Doe to
                listserv@vm1.nodak.edu
JANITORS (94-08-29)
        University housekeeping
        send SUBSCRIBE JANITORS John Doe to
                listserv@ukanvm.cc.ukans.edu
LEPC
        Hazardous materials emergencies response
        send SUBSCRIBE LEPC John Doe to
                listproc@moose.uvm.edu
NETS
        Networks in Emergency Management facilitated
        by the California Governor's Office of
        Emergency Services
        send SUBSCRIBE to
                nets-request@oes.ca.gov
OCC-ENV-MED-L
        Occupational and environmental medicine
        send SUBSCRIBE OCC-ENV-MED-L John Doe to
                mailserv@mc.duke.edu
PESTCON
        Pesticides and pest control
        send SUBSCRIBE PESTCON John Doe
                QUIT
                listserv@uiowa.edu
RADSAFE (94-09-30)
        Radiation or radioactive materials/wastes safety
        send SUBSCRIBE RADSAFE John Doe to
                listserv@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
RECYCLE (94-09-30)
        Recycling for educational institutions
        send SUBSCRIBE RECYCLE John Doe to
                listserv@umab.umd.edu
RISKNET (94-08-29)
        Risk and insurance issues
        send SUBSCRIBE RISKNET John Doe to
                listproc@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu
SAFETY (94-09-30)
        Safety issues, with a bias towards educational
        institutions
        send SUBSCRIBE SAFETY John Doe to
                listserv@uvmvm.uvm.edu
SECURECAMPUS
        For security and safety issues in educational facilities
        send SUBSCRIBE SECURECAMPUS to
                majordomo@pacificu.edu
SOREHAND (94-09-30)
        Repetitive strain injuries
        send SUBSCRIBE SOREHAND John Doe to
                listserv@ucsfvm.ucsf.edu

E-Mail
NIOSH
        pubstaft@niosdt1.em.cdc.gov

Gophers and FTP Sites
American Chemical Society (94-08-31)
        gopher://acsinfo.acs.org
Center for Safety in the Arts (94-08-29)
        under Arts Wire
        gopher://gopher.tmn.com
        gopher://tmn.tmn.com
Chemical factsheets (94-07-11)
gopher://ecosys.drdr.Virginia.edu:70/11/library/factsheets/toxics
Ecogopher (94-07-11)
        gopher://ecosys.drdr.Virginia.edu:70/11/library/
Emergency Services (94-09-30)
        gopher://bupkis.mankato.msus.edu/
Emergency Services fies (94-08-29)
        ftp://hairball.ecst.csuchico.edu
Environmental Health Center/National Safety Council (94-08-29)
        gopher://envirolink.org/EnviroOrgs
EPIX (Emergency Preparedness Information Exchange (94-09-30)
        gopher://niscc.ce.berkeley.edu:70/1
Fedworld (94-07-11)
        gopher://fedworld.gov
Firenet (94-09-30)
        ftp://life.anu.edu.au
        gopher://life.anu.edu.au:70/11/landscape_ecology/firenet
Gopher Jewels (menus for health, medicine, disability, safety)
        (94-08-31)
        gopher://cwis.usc.edu
Journal of Chemical Education (94-08-31)
        gopher://jchemed.chem.wisc.edu
Library of Congress (94-07-11)
        gopher://marvel.loc.gov
Michigan State University health and safety (94-08-31)
        gopher://burrow.cl.msu.edu:/70/11/msu
MSDS (Utah) (94-08-31)
        gopher://atlas.chem.utah.edu:70/11/MSDS
        ftp://ftp.chem.utah.edu
North Texas Health Science Center (94-07-11)
gopher://gopher.hsc.unt.edu:70/11/AboutUNTHSC/Policy/Safety
Northwestern University (94-08-31)
        gopher://nuinfo.nwu.edu:70/11/service
OHS Gopher at FIT (94-07-11)
        gopher://ginfo.cs.fit.edu
Oregon State University (94-08-29)
        MSDS information under OSU Information and Services/
        OSU Academic Departments and Colleges/
        Environmental Health and Safety
        gopher://gaia.ucs.orst.edu
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (94-07-11)
        developed by Mike Langdon
        gopher://eshserver.pppl.gov
Risknet (94-07-11)
        gopher://riskgopher.bus.texas.edu:70/11/RISKGOpher
        gopher://riskweb.bus.utexas.edu/11/riskgopher
RSI Newsletter (94-08-29)
        ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/rsi
RSINET Newsletter (94-08-29)
        gopher://sjuvm.stjohns.edu
RISKNet, RISKWeb, RMIWeb, RTSWeb (94-08-29)
        ftp://riskweb.bus.utexas.edu
        gopher://riskweb.bus.utexas.edu
Safety Technology Institute (Italy)
        gopher://willow.sti.jrc.it
        ftp://willow.sti.jrc.it
St. Johns Disability and Rehabilitation Resources (94-08-29)
        gopher://sjuvm.stjohns.edu
SUNY, Buffalo (94-08-31)
        Disability gopher
        gopher://val-dor.cc.buffalo.edu
Typing Injury Archive (information and graphics files) (94-08-29)
        ftp://ftp.csua.berkeley.edu/pub/typing-injury
Typing Injury FAQs (94-08-30)
        ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/typing-injury-faq
Universit-07-11)
        gopher://gopher.UH.EDU:70/11/admin/environ
University of Illinois (Urbana) Division of Environmental
        Health and Safety (94-08-31)
        gopher://romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu:70/1
        ftp://romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
University of Maine (94-08-31)
        Hazmat information under /pub
        ftp://gandalf.umcs.maine.edu
University of Montana, Student Health Services (94-07-11)
        gopher://selway.umt.edu:700/1
University of Nebraska
        gopher://frontier.unl.edu/UNLinf/Guidelines/chemlab
University of North Texas Health Science Center (94-08-29)
        ftp://molly.hsc.unt.edu
University of Vermont (SAFETY archives and related files)
        (94-07-11)
        gopher://siri.uvm.edu
US Dept. of Consumer Protection (94-07-11)
        gopher://cpsc.gov
US Dept of Energy, Office of Occupational Safety &
        Health (94-10-01)
        gopher://dewey.tis.inel.gov:2015/1
US EPA (94-08-31)
        gopher://gopher.epa.gov
        ftp://ftp.epa.gov
US EPA Future Stud4-07-11)
        gopher://gopher.nih.gov/
US National Library of Medicine (94-07-11)
        ftp://ftp.nlm.nih.gov/
        gopher://gopher.nlm.nih.gov/70
Volunteers in Technical Assistance (94-08-31)
        Disaster Information Center
        gopher://vita.org

Newsgroups
        bit.listserv.c+health (computers and health)
        misc.emerg-services (94-08-29) (linked to EMERG-L)
        sci.med.occupational (94-08-29)
        uiuc.safety (environmental health and safety forum)

Softwarek when working at a computer)
        for Windows only (94-08-29)
        Archived version:
        ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/timeout.zip
        Unarchived version:
        ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/timeout.exe
        Note: do not use TIMEOUT (all caps) versions
Interactive Anatomy Programs
        ftp://ftp.monash.edu.au/pub/medical

Telnet
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
        (94-08-30) Health and safety information
        Telnet to the OSH Exchange:
        BBS.CCOHxchange or
        send e-mail to custserv@ccohs.ca

Web Sites
Brookhaven National Laborator, Safety & Environmental
        Protection Division (94-08-31)
        http://sun10.sep.bnl.gov/seproot.html
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)
        (94-09-30)
        http://www.ccohs.ca
Computer Related RSE Primer (94-09-30)
        At the University of Nebraska - Lincoln
        http://engr-www.unl.edu/ee/eeshop/rsi.html
Environmental Health Center/National Safety Council (94-08-29)
        (under Envirolibrary, then EnviroOrgs)
        http://envirolink.org
Environmental Research Institute of Michigan (94-08-31)
        http://www.erim.org
Environmental Resource Center (94-08-31)
        http://ftp.clearlake.ibm.com/erc/main.html
Firenet (94-09-30)
        http://life.anu.edu.au/firenet/firenet.html
Indiana University international environmental law (94-08-31)
        http://www.law.indiana.edu/law/intenvlaw.html
INTREMED (94-09-30)
        Information Network fop://biology.mankato.msus.edu/
List of Listserves Page (94-09-30)
        http://www.clark.net/pub/listserv/listserv.html
MIT Health and Computers (94-09-30)
        http://www-penninfo.upenn.edu:1962
                /tiserve.mit.edu/9000/25204.html
National Collegiate EMS Foundation (94-09-30)
        http://copper.ucs.indiana.edu/~ssavett/home.html
National Performance Review (94-09-30)
        www.npr.gov/NPR/himl_NPR/NetResults.html
National University of Singapore BioMed Web Server (94-09-30)atabase
        http://biomed.nus.sg
OSHA (94-07-11)
        http://www.osha.gov
RISKNet, RISKWeb, RMIWeb, RTSWeb (94-08-29)
        http://riskweb.bus.utexas.edu
RISKNet Archive (94-09-30)
        http://www.crimson.com:80/risknet/hyper/
Rochester Institute of Technology (94-09-30)
        Emergency services page
        http://dumbo.isc.rit.edu/ems/index.html
Safety Technology Institute (Italy) (94-09-30)
        http://willow.sti.jrc.it
San Carlos Fire Safety Tips (94-09-01)
        http://Injury FAQs (94-09-30)
        http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet
                /typing-injury-faq/top.html
Typing Injury Archive WWW Site (94-09-30)
        http://alumni.caltech.edu/~dank/typing-archive.html
US EPA (94-07-11)
        http://www.epa.gov
US EPA Centre for Exposure Assessment Modelling (94-08-31)
        http://ftp.epa.gov/epa_ceam/wwwhtml/ceam_home.html
US Food and Drug Administration (94-07-11)
        http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/index.html
US National Institutes ory of Medicine (94-07-11)
        http://www.nlm.nih.gov/
US Dept of Environment (94-07-11)
        http://130.20.92.130:8001/esh/home.htm
University of Virginia (94-08-31)
        http://ecosys.drdr.virginia.edu
University of Warwick nursing information (94-08-31)
        http://www.warwick.ac.uk
University of Washington radiology server (94-08-29)
        http://www.rad.washington.edu/
Victoria State Emergency Services (VICSES) (94-09-30)
        http://www.citri.edu.au/~jck/vicses/vicses.html Industy
        Occupational hazards in the computer industry;
        run by Computer Professionals for Social
        Responsibility
        send SUBSCRIBE CPSR-CPU John Doe to
                listserv@cpsr.org
Disaster Research Bulletin
        send SUBSCRIBE HAZARDS John Doe to
                listproc@lists.colorado.edu
RSI Newsletter
        Repetitive strain injuries
        send SUBSCRIBE RSI John Doe to
                majordomo@world.std.com
Urinal of Emergency Medicine newsletter
  sideras@inst.augie.edu

Compiled by Christe Communications.  Last update 94-10-01.
If you have questions or changes, contact:
        Carolla Christie
        Christie Communications
        carolla@mrg.sas.ab.ca

Carl Efird, Certified Health Physicist