Re: Connection Confirmed

    As you've probably noticed by now, these kind of test messages end up
generating a LOT of noise on the list.  The problem is not so much the message
itself, but the fact that so many users respond to the list rather than through
private email to the tester.

Test messages with no content are inappropriate.

Please forgive me for the lecture :-)  It's something I have to do occasionally
ocassionally as the owner of the list in order to keep the signal to noise
ration from plummeting :-)

According to CONATSER.STEVEN_D@forum.va.gov:

--
      Hector Mandel, Manager of Systems Services  | (217) 244-7237
      OCCSS, CCSO - Computing                     | h-mandel@uiuc.edu