Position Opening

Well, I'm still waiting to get a copy of the official job
announcement/position description.  When I get it, I'll post the
additional information:

Position: Administrator, Licensing Branch, Texas Bureau of Radiation
Control

Reports to: Ruth E. McBurney, CHP, Director, Division of Licensing,
Registration & Standards

Responsibilities: Administers the Licensing Branch (pretty obvious,
eh?), which processess applications and amendments to all Texas
radioactive material licenses, general license acknowledgements,
etc...

Supervises: 3 Program Chiefs (Industrial, Special Projects, & Medical
& Academic); Branch Secretary; Total: 13

Salary: about 41K

Close Date: November 18, 1994

Qualifications: I'll post the requirements when they are avaiable,
but should have strong technical and adminstrative experience.  Also,
should know how the regulatory process works.  Ability to keep me
happy a very strong plus (personal opinion, of course).

NOTE: Texas requires all job applications to be on the proper
bureaucratic document.  Resumes are worthless.  Call Jackie Guthrie
for application info (512) 834-6688.  However, she doesn't have the
official job announcement/description yet, either.

Other info: you can also contact me for unofficial background
particulars (e.g, what the job really entails)

Wes

Disclaimer: Obviously, you didn't read the body of this note if you
think additional disclaimers are necessary

Wesley M. Dunn, CHP, Acting Administrator
(also Chief, Medical & Academic Program)
Licensing Branch
Division of Licensing, Registration & Standards
Bureau of Radiation Control
Texas Department of Health
512-834-6688
wdunn@brc1.tdh.texas gov