Re: Alpha emitters

This phenomenon, known as 'alpha creep' does in fact occur, although the
recoil energy is really not large enough to move the rather large
nucleus.  Disregarding the mechanism, rest assured that old timers like
me are aware of it, and that it is particularly significant with Po-218.
But I simply cannot recall any specific literature addressing the
problem.  You might try Hugh Henry's book -- he had a lot of little
tidbits like this in it.

Ron Kathren