Re: Animal Irradiators

> > Would anyone having information about animal irradiators

> Try JL Shepherd & Associates

I'll second that, we have one - but be aware that anything but TBI is
difficult with their "chamber" irradiators

Alternatives:
1)  Orthovoltage (either clinical or industrial).
    Advantages:  flexible, small fields possible, not NRC regulated
    Disadvantage:  high capital cost and maintenance cost
2)  Clinical cobalt unit:
    Advantage: cheaper to buy (ours was free) and maintain, good depth dose,
       wide range of dose rates, small fields possible
    Disadvantage:  shielding, NRC regulated

John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)
Experimental Radiotherapy Group
Medical College of Wisconsin