Re: Mammography standards avail via FTP/WWW/etc.

>>Date: Sat, 5 Nov 94 18:55:31 -0600
>>From: Rich Oesterling <ogr@twinpeak.inel.gov>
>>To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
>>Subject: Re: Mammography standards avail via FTP/WWW/etc.

>>On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, Ted M. de Castro wrote:

> Please specify the directory in which the file can be found via FTP
access.

> Thanks
>

> Copied this from sci.med.radiology FYI.    - Jeff

> FYI, you can download the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's
> Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) via the Fedworld
> Gateway via
> modem 1-703-321-8020
> telnet fedworld.gov
> ftp ftp.fedworld.gov
> www www.fedworld.gov
>
> choose
> F (library of files)
> F (find files)
> D (download file)
> enter 400075E
>

>>Well, I did a pretty thorough search on all the fedworld.gov connections
>>and couldn't find mammography standards.  Was the referenced download
>>done only via dial-up?

>>Rich Oesterling
>>ogr@inel.gov
>>208-526-3757

Well I FINALLY got it by dial up!  It seems it was in MAIN - but I never saw
it there via FTP.

I tried FTP, MOSAIC and then dial up.

Dial up is the fastest.  The other two method should NOT be attempted by
anyone who wants to get anything else done that day!!  It is the SLOWEST
system I have ever encountered!!  My all means avoid the MOSAIC access.
Being GUI - in addition to the actual information sought it has to send all
that irrelevant graphics stuff and REALLY takes a LONG time.

To get a 100k index file via FTP took HOURS!!  To get the same listing via
MOSAIC - I don't know!!  I killed it after 5 hours!

BTW - it really doesn't say much anyhow.