Re: Mammography Doses

>>A technologist would not be able to inform the patient as to the
>>actual dose recieved without taking measurements during the
>>procedure.  As this would interfere with the procedure, it is not
>>done.

I find myself generally in disagreement with what officialdom considers a
physicists' survey of a mammo machine - to much non-physics!!  Thus I no
longer do them .... BUT if a proper physics study is done then the machine
is characterized and iff the machine is one of several that present a time
or mAs readout for a photo-timed procedure - or the known techniques for a
manual procedure - THEN an entrance exposure CAN be known (and doses
calculated) WITHOUT interference with the procedure!

It is NOT necessary to make a RAD measurement during the exposure.