Re: Mammography Doses

I am also curious about whether men get different handling from the
technologists if the question about dose is asked by a man.

Looking forward to my further education,

Sue Dupre/Health Physicist/Princeton University

     Sue,  Regarding your question above on the dose from obviously
     gender-specific mammography, males do run into similar problems.
     Some years ago, a male friend of mine refused to take a chest
     x-ray for TB (a requirement for State employment).  He said
     unless he knew the dose to be delivered, he preferred a skin
     test.  Rather than argue (or acquiesce), the radiology folks
     eventually allowed him to wear a film badge during the x-ray so
     he'd have an idea of the dose.  This process took days to iron
     out and made for some hard feelings, but the radiology people
     never were able to really say much about the expected exposure
     until after the film was developed.