Cloud Chamber

I saw something in a physics journal 10 (or was it 20 ) years ago
describing a simple cloud chamber for demonstrating the range of
alpha particles in air.  I think it used methanol and dry ice,
producing a supersaturated methanol atmosphere.  I intend to use the
amerecium source from a smoke detector, to make the source feel
familiar to my students.

Does anyone have a good, simple design?

David Bromwich, CIH
Lecturer, Occupational Hygiene     tel (+617) 8757487
Faculty of Environmental Sciences  fax (+617) 8757459
Griffith University, Nathan Q 4111 AUSTRALIA