Re: cold fusion?

The cold fusion experiment was not performed successfully by anyone but the
originators.  There was an early confirmation at Georgia Tech, but then someone
looked and noticed they did not take into account environmental changes and the
effect on instuments measuring the neutron flux.  The change in reading that was
attributed to the fusion experiment, was actually caused by environmental
influences on the detection instrumentation.  The whole story on the Georgia
Tech connection can be found in the Atlanta Newspaper within a week of the
original announcement.

One more example of why you have to understand the function of your
instrumentation and refrain from pushing the "I believe" button.

I guess it was either a hoax, or the technology was bought up by the Automobile
and oil industry (much like the 200+ mpg carborator);)

Rob Gunter

gunterrj@ornl.gov