Human radiation experiments.

DOE has released advance copies of their report "Human Radiation
Experiments:  The Department of Energy Roadmap to the Story and
the Records".

In it we learn that DOE has spent 200 man years developing the
report.

We also learn that a certain university injected 9 subjects
with Tc99m to determine if it would make a suitable imaging
agent.  I guess the parties involved should have just assumed
it would work, written a Rx, and not called it an experiment!

I haven't seen the whole report, but I'm sure it will make
interesting reading to see how many of the experiments turn
out to be procedures that are routinely used today.

Dale

Disclaimer:  My employer has not approved this message, and has no
responsibility for its content.