Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 11:46:42 -0600
Sender: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
From: grcohn@cats.ucsc.edu (Gregg Cohn)
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Cesium Chloride Removal

Hello fellow Radsafe members:

I  thought  I  would attempt to tap the vast knowledge  base  out
there.  I am
looking  for  any  "tricks" out there to remove  cesium  chloride
contamination
from  some textured formica and floor tiles.  Merk index lists it
as Very
soluble  in  water and soluble in alcohol.  I have used both  and
also various
mixtures  of  commercial decon products with limited  success  in
removal.  I
remove  a  lot  initially, but most is (fixed?).  Any  hints  out
there other
than removal of tiles and formica.

Thank you in advance for any information!

Gregg Cohn, RSO
University of California, Santa Cruz
grcohn@cats.ucsc.edu
(408) 459- 3542