Re: practice of health physics

Melissa,

I for one get to spend relatively little time doing health physics.
This is partly because of the closure of the rad waste sites.  We
have had to spend a lot of time both planning long term waste management.
and selling it to our administration.

Debbie Robinson, who you know, spends more time on operational
health physics, but even that is regulatory compliance most of the
time.

I had the opportunity to do some shielding calculations the other
day.  I also felt guilty because I wasn't working on one report
or another.

Dale E. Boyce, Director
The University of Chicago
Office of Radiaiton Safety