Re: "Disposal" of Radioactive Animals

>I believe that there is a system now available for >disolving" carcasses,
but I don't recall exactly from >where.

The device referred to is a giant pressure cooker, fueled by animal
carcasses, 1 N NaOH, and heat.  It was "invented" by Dr. Gordon I. Kaye at
Albany Medical College, Albany , NY, 12208.  He has presented at several
meetings.  I think it was published in Health Physics a few years ago, but I
can't find my reprint for the exact reference.

I have not seen any stance from the NRC on this gizzmo.  There may be issues
of treating waste, allowable discharge limits, etc.  It is worth a try if
you need it.

I believe he formed a company to sell these units in varying sizes,
depending on the species.!

Jeff Derge