Subject: EPA's Proposed Rule on "Medical Waste In
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at smtpmed
Date:    4/25/95 2:09 PM

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 95 13:28:00 -0500
Sender: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
From: "Mack R." <MRICHAR%INDYCMS.bitnet@vmd.cso.uiuc.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject:      EPA's Proposed Rule on "Medical Waste Incinerators"

A few weeks ago, a radsafe subscriber mentioned EPA's proposed rule on medical
waste incinerators.  After reviewing same, it appears to me that anyone who cur
rently incinerates radwaste or proposes to do same should take a close look at
this proposed rule.  Due to the broad definition of the term "medical waste" in
 the proposed rule, radwaste would fall under that definition and any incinerat
or used to incinerate radwaste generated as a result of clinical diagnosis, the
rapy or medical research would fall under the proposed rule.  The Federal Regis
ter which contains this proposed rule is Vol. 60, No. 38, pp. 10654-10691.  If
you would like to see my comments, I would be happy to fax them to you.