Re: Training Video Tape for X-ray Users

I heartily support Donald Haes' remarks about the usefulness of having an
instructor present and not relying entirely on tapes.  Sometimes, each month as
I drag myself and all my stuff over for the x-ray users training session and
then do my presentation for my very small audiences, I contemplate that ques-
tion, but in the end I am absolutely convinced that I am more effective at
instilling caution and providing reassurance when needed than any tape.

But still I always show a little portion of the "Double-Edged Sword" - that
graphic segment describing an actual accident and showing fingers looking like
overcooked hot dogs.  I don't show the rest of the video because it just
repeats what I've already said earlier.  Over and over I'm told by the atten-
dees that seeing that piece of video was one of the most useful things about
the training session.

As has already been said several months ago, Alcoa produced a nice x-ray
training video called "The Invisible Partner".  It wouldn't serve for me as a
complete training aid but I do plan to use it as an adjunct to my own train-
ing.  It can be obtained (and previewed) through: the International Center
for Diffraction Data ... well, I seem to have misplaced the address.  Can
someone else help?

Sue Dupre/ Health Physicist/Princeton University
dupre@princeton.edu