H-3 still?????

Guess I had better finish my thoughts, while I still have some.

Sorry, I was thinking only of charateristic x rays. The bremsstrahlung is
a possibility and the max would be 18.6 kev. The only thing is that the
ratio of radiative loss to coulombic losses is EZ/700 (Knolls, 1989).
where E is the Energy of the beta in MeV and Z is the atomic number of
the interacting material. So, taking 0.018*29/700 = 0.00075.
The radiative loss is a function of Z^2 and E.

Also, using turner, you can calculate the expected the yeild:

Y = K*Z*E/(1+(K*Z*E), where K = 6E-04, works out to be less than 0.032%
(Turner, chapter 5 I think.)

btw - Turner's second Edition is out, and looks pretty good.

Of which, most of them will be self absorbed, and none of them will be at
18kev.  So, what you have is very few very low energy x rays, most being
self absorbed (knolls, 1989 page45). I never said it was not possible,
just not very likely. Oh, I used the Z of Cu (target), realize that the
titanium and Oxygen and hydrogen all have smaller Z's, so this is a large
OVER approxamation of the yeild and radiative ratio.

I could be wrong, but when we used to calibrate our GM tubes, for tritum it
was always 0% , C-14 about 1-5%, ect...

I have demo'd some Ion Chambers that were sensitive to tritium
betas/xrays.

-Bruce Busby