Re: the term "health physics" -Reply

Dale --

See the September 1979 issue of Health Physics or the book edited by
Kathren and Ziemer, Health Physics -- A Backward Glance for the story of
the radiation warning symbol that was put together by the late Lloyd
Stephens of UC Berkeley.  One of the 1940's Hanford octagonal signs is
currently a part of the Smithsonian Science in American Life exhibit in
the Museum of American History.

And, to all you with history questions, this is THE year -- come to the
HPS meeting in Boston.

Ron Kathren