Re: file available

> Hello, goodafternoon.Would you please tell me how I can use the  (ftp) command
> through the E-mail ?.
>            thank
>                 Huss a.

This is extracted from a file that you should retrieve on doing all Internet
functions, including ftp, www, etc by-email. (A lot is cut here.)

--------------------------------------

From: BobRankin@Delphi.Com (Doctor Bob)
Subject: Accessing the Internet by E-Mail FAQ
         explore the Internet via Gopher, search for information with
         Archie, Veronica, or WAIS, tap into the World-Wide Web, and
         even access Usenet newsgroups using E-MAIL AS YOUR ONLY TOOL.

                 Accessing The Internet By E-Mail
           Doctor Bob's Guide to Offline Internet Access
                    3rd Edition - December 1994

              Copyright (c) 1994,  "Doctor Bob" Rankin

   All rights reserved.  Permission is granted to make and distribute
   verbatim copies of this document provided the copyright notice and
   this permission notice are preserved on all copies.  Feel free to
            upload to your favorite BBS or Internet server!
<snip>
Finding the Latest Version
--------------------------

This document is now available from several automated mail servers.
To get the latest edition, send e-mail to one of the addresses below.

To: listserv@ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu (for US/Canada/etc.)
Leave Subject blank, and enter only this line in the body of the note:
  GET INTERNET BY-EMAIL NETTRAIN F=MAIL

To: mail-server@rtfm.mit.edu (for Eastern US)
Leave Subject blank, and enter only this line in the body of the note:
  send usenet/news.answers/internet-services/access-via-email

To: mailbase@mailbase.ac.uk (for UK/Europe/etc.)
Leave Subject blank, and enter only this line in the body of the note:
  send lis-iis e-access-inet.txt

<SNIP ABOUT 40K>
THESE LAST 2 ITEMS, OF COURSE, ARE HOW YOU RETRIEVE FTP BY-EMAIL!
Of course, you have to put the whole URL/path for documents on other servers,
like radsafe.

I recommend getting this file for all who are limited to email.  It gets you
those WWW URLs (pages and documents) everybody's talking about!

Specific instructions are provided for getting the ftp, Gopher, WWW
directories and home-pages that give you the paths and homepage connections in
the return mail, in a form to easily select what you want next by "reply" to
get the next level (or even automatically send all of the next level
pages/documents (a dangerous thing)!? :-)

You can also do "searches" (WAIS, veronica, etc) by email. By-email can be
convenient for people with ftp, Gopher, www, etc, when you can just write
off-line and send the message, and get the directories or document as email on
your next run (often within a few minutes, but somewhat longer for searches),
when you don't want to take connect time, or have significant expenses for
connect time (especially for searches that can take some substantial on-line
time.)

It's all simply: mail to an email server name (specific to the process you
want, ie ftp vs gopher, vs www); then put "send <url>" in the message.

Easy stuff!

Regards, Jim