Re: ELF web site (not pearl wisdom!)

               Radsafers,

               I'm working with a group in the San Diego area who have a
               package of training modules oriented toward high school and
               middle school science teachers. The subject is basically
               'Energy From the Atom'. The modules touch on subjects such
               as basic concepts in nuclear physics to nuclear power
               generation. Lab exercises are provided to augment the
               concepts.  Continuing education credits are earned for
               attendance.  The program has been given several times and
               has been recieved well.

               The program is a good one, but leans to the power generation
               side. We are planning to include other uses of radioisotopes
               and balance out the program to educate about the many ways
               (e.g. research, medical, process control) nuclear science is
               beneficial. In this way interest more people and hopefully,
               open minds.

               We would like come up with a new name for the program. We
               don't want to use the dreaded 'R' word (radiation) or 'N'
               word (nuclear) in the title. One of the group proposed the
               title "Heart of the Atom". This has a nice ring to it, but
               we understand that this may have already been used and don't
               want to get into copyrite problems.

               Is anyone familiar with "Heart of the Atom"? Any ideas for a
               title?

               Rick Jervey      jerveyra@songs.sce.com