Re: HPS and the internet

>>With all due respect, I can only say that information should belong to
>>all, and not be bogged down in legal issues, and should not be for sale.
>>I have always stated that something on the internet is as open to copying
>>as something in a library, just accessible to millions of people. If
>>we have journals in libraries, then why not on the net? Hopefully not
>>because of the $'s they pay for it. But I am pretty ignorant of legal
>>issues, and actually glad of it.
..
..
..
>>The Journal of Radiobiology and the Journal of Radiation Research already
>>have indexes (indicies?) on line. If anyone would like to check them out,
>>thier URLs are:

Bruce,

I whole heartedly agree on all points!!

I'd like to see the WHOLE HP Journal index with the official HPS keywords
AND abstracts!!

Actually I already have most of it - gotten from MEDLINE - but due to the
source and also possible copyright problems with Pergammon - I have not made
that available.  BUT I use this ALL the time with a very capable and cheap
search program I have to find things.  To me this beats QUEST hands down!!!
I can search of the real text of abstracts and titles with boolean
combinations of the strings and even "sounds like" matching.

I surely it beats sitting down in front of the shelves that contain my set
and going through every 6th issue - as I used to have to do years ago before
I got these listings.

BUT - I also like to see it as text files available for download as I find
web pages to be very slow and cumbersome!!

Wouldn't it be nice to have the resource to go back through the journal and
have EVERYTHING put to CD ROM!!!  LOTS and LOTS of typing on the old stuff
EVEN IF OCRed and corrected!