Efforts at Utilizing the Internet - IARPE

1.  The IARPE is the most prominent regular use of the internet
by an HPS function (i.e., the Accelerator Section) that I am
aware of.  The following is the list of key accelerator section
persons from the header of the most recent edition:

>  INTERNATIONAL ACCELERATOR RADIOLOGICAL PROTECTION E-MAIL (IARPE)
>                            NEWSLETTER
>
>        "The Official Publication of the Accelerator Section
>                of the Health Physics Society"
>        (with Contributions from International Correspondents)
>March/April 1995                                            Vol. 4, #2
>
>OFFICERS
>President:         Nisy Ipe, SLAC                <ipe@slacvm.slac.edu>
>President-Elect:   Bob May, CEBAF                      <may@cebaf.gov>
>Past President:    Geoff Stapleton, CEBAF        <stapleton@cebaf.gov>
>Secretary:         Steve Musolino, BNL              <musolino@bnl.gov>
>Treasurer:         Joe McDonald, PNL      <jc_mcdonald@ccmail.pnl.gov>
>Newsletter Editor: Lutz Moritz, TRIUMF              <moritz@triumf.ca>
>Directors:         Lorraine Day (1997)       <day@romv02.dnet.lsu.edu>
>                   Don Cossairt (1997),FNAL            <cossairt@fnal>
>                   De Vaughn Nelson (1996) <nelsond@mailgw.er.doe.gov>
>                   Paula Trinoskey (1996),LLNL    <paulatrin@llnl.gov>
>                   Jerry Miller (1995), LAMPF    <miller@lampf.bitnet>
>                   Carter Ficklen (1995), CEBAF     <beeler@cebaf.gov>

2.  This newsletter has been very successful.  It has, of course, been
a lot of work and has required a degree of "stick to it-ness" that not
everybody can do (Nisy gets the credit for getting it off the ground).
I had hoped to see something similar from the Medical Section (to which
I also belong) but it hasn't happened yet.  I can say to Bruce, et al.,
that there is direct evidence that hope is warranted!
     Michael P. Grissom
     Asst to the Dir (ESH) for Env/RadProt/WasteMan
     Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
     MS-84
     2575 Sand Hill Road
     Menlo Park, CA 94025-7015