Radium concentration in potable water

Paul, Jim, etc.

After your spirited discussion of RADITHOR, I thought you'd enjoy hearing
about this.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Saratoga Springs, NY this fall, so
she's borrowed some Fodor's guides, etc. from the library.  Apparently
"springs" of water, for bathing and drinking, are among the main attractions
there.

According to one of the books, there's a  (one, unique apparently) spring
that has such a high radium content that there's a sign on it, not
*condemning* it (isn't *that* refreshing?), but advising people to drink
from it not more than once per week!

You know how sketchy these popular travel books are.  Do any of you know
what exactly is the concentration in that spring, and/or in the other
springs in the Saratoga region?  Does the "one drink per week" come from New
York State regulations, or federal, or just the proprietor's conservative
judgment?
Albert Lee Vest          The Ohio State University
Health Physicist                 B-042 Graves Hall
(614)292-0122                 333 West 10th Avenue
"Action brings good fortune" - Syd Barrett
"Rock n roll" - John Goodman     Columbus OH 43210
My employer did not review or approve this message.