Re: QUEST, CHAMMP and RegBeater

> Please read my note re: UMich Master's Degree.

Just a note from the radsafe police :-) ...

Regarding ads on radsafe:

I don't mind a short "hello, we're here on the list; here's a SHORT blurb
on what we are and what we do" posting to the list.  I *do* have a problem
with long advertisements.  If someone is interested in a company's offerings
after seeing a short blurb on the list, that someone should contact the
company's representative via private e-mail.  This approach seems to be
the best compromise between blatant commercial use of the list and the
need of the subscribers to get information.

I should note, of course, if this policy gets totally out of control, it
will be reconsidered.

The UMich posting on their Master's program struck me as being informative,
much as "job available" postings are.  Therefore, it didn't seem to be a
problem.

And yes, either Hector or I will send private electronic "nastygrams" to
offenders.  However, I don't like over-moderation, as we're all adults here
(I think); therefore, I'd just as soon treat people as such.

--
Melissa Woo                       | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Health Physicist                  | Environmental Health & Safety Bldg., MC225