Re: HVL for Xe-133

>>> If the source is not collimated I would expect the HVL to be low!

>>Wouldn't the (first) HVL be larger for broad beam geometry when compared
>>to a well collimated set up??

>>PS If I have missed something here please forgive me. I also am not
>>certified!!

You're right - after I noted that kinda mentioned in Paul's message I was
sitting here quietly hoping no one would notice (the non CHP stance <grin>).

That is what I get for doing e-mail online.  I was think the apearent amount
to transmitted radiation would be greater due to scatter - and didn't
"invert" that fact for HVL.

A silly error.

BUT I brought it up since lack of collimation in doing an HVL is one of the
most common short cuts I have - and have seen - taken.