RE: CHP Name Tags

>Does anyone know if the name tags that will be used at this years HPS
>meeting in Boston will identify those who are CHPs (and those who are
>not). It was done last year and, I thought, very effective at
>indicating the status of those you happened to be talking to.

I hope not.  I would view this as _most_ inappropriate.  The purpose of
certification is to provide information to the public when making quick,
otherwise uninformed decisions about competence.  At a meeting of knowledgeable
professionas, such name tags would serve little or no purpose.

David Scherer