Pediatric Volunteers and DOE Investigat

Peter,
> The DOE Document "HUMAN RADIATION EXPERIMENTATION The DOE Roadmap to
> the Story and the Records" gives an experiment which some may consider
> justify the NAZI comparison.  OT-14 "Testicular Irradiation of Wash-
> ington State Prison Inmates" p286.  While the report is not new, it
> was referenced by the Markey Commission, it was new to me.

Are you referring to the title or the experiment?  I thought the conduct of
this experiment had pretty much passed muster previously re the experiment,
AND the informed consent, with some caveats about the formality of such
records.

Is there something in the DOE report to challenge this assumption?  Or just
the implications of the topic to the mindless media play this kind of stuff
gets?

> Peter Vernig, RSO VA Medical Center, Denver vernig.peter@forum.va.gov

Thanks.

Regards, Jim