Re: Mentoring

>From: JMUCKERHEIDE@delphi.com
>(and whether you want to show Cohen's US radon data with its negative
>correlation to lung cancer :-)

I don't want to raise a controvery, but in the HPJ article, Cohen implies
(as I read it) that if you assume a threshold for cancer induction, the
published radon data curve converts to a POSITIVE correlation at doses above
this threshold (with a possible protective factor below the threshold). This
can be shown to be mathematically possible (I did it back in Jan 95), but
without Cohen's raw data, you can not determine the slopes nor threshold values.
William R. Webber, Health Physicist ( Warp Factor OS/2)
The opions expressed above are those of the author alone and do not
represent those of the National Institute of Standards and Technology nor
the US Department of Commerce.
CAUTION SNOW ANGEL AREA - play MSTy for me.