Re: Re[2]: Cleaning Titanium Tritide Foil

I would second Gene's comment below.  I know of some
researchers who attempted more or less the same thing
for the same reasons (organic contamination of the ECD
foil) using Ni-63 sources.  The ECDs were thoroughly
contaminated with Ni-63, and substantial amounts of
bench space as well!  Best advice is don't do it--it
will probably NOT save money!

> Last I heard, field cleaning of any ECD is a bad idea.
> Unless done properly it can lead to tritium leakage and a
> real mess to clean up.  I suggest you contact the
> manufacturer to have it done by them.
>          Gene
Michael P. Grissom
mikeg@slac.stanford.edu