Medical Seminar

Rick,

>      My apologies if you have already received this.
>
>      My employer, Southern California Edison sponsors a seminar for local
>      medical and health professionals.  We are currently in the planning stages
>      for our 11th annual seminar.  The main focus for these seminars is to
>      educate professionals who potentially could respond to a
>      radiation/contamination, or hazmat incident.  Past speakers/topics have
>      covered subjects such as radiation risk, actual events case studies
>      (including Chernobyl, Nagasaki), incident response, acute/chronic radiation
>      effects, physiological effects of radiation exposure, and  risk
>      communication.   I am currently seeking suggestions as to possible themes,
>      subject matter and SPEAKERS for this year's seminar.  The goal is to
>      provide an agenda that is timely and will meet the needs of the target
>      audience.  I welcome any suggestions that you can provide.
>
>      Rick Garcia
>      garciara@songs.sce.com

Dr. Myron Pollycove, Prof emeritus UCSF, 30 years head of nuclear medicine,
and Head of Nuclear Medicine at SF General Hospital, now with about 4 years as
a Visiting Medical Fellow at NRC NMSS, so he has gained a broad policy
perspective, and is a VERY interesting and effective speaker.  He will be the
Radiation Centennial Hartman Medal Lecturer awarded by the American Nuclear
Society during the Winter Meeting in San Francisco Oct29-Nov2. We also have
more than a dozen other speakers on the subject scheduled in 4 sessions in SF
Oct31-Nov1. There are a number of other candidates. When is your meeting?

(Also recommend presentations on emergency response based on the NRC Response
Technical Manual for nuclear power and related nuclear materials emergencies.)

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com
ANS Biology and Medicine Division
Chair, Committee on Low Level Radiation Health Effects