Political Comment, Nuclear Testing

It is my understanding that RADSAFE is a professional-level bulletin board
of limited scope and specific technical interest, that of the radiation
protection/health physics community.  RADSAFE has shown to be a valuable
resource for those of us working in this technical area.  Although every
person has a political opinion, political discussions are beyond the scope of
and harmful to the intent and purpose of RADSAFE.  It is also certainly the
right and privilege of the owners of RADSAFE to "police", or limit, the scope
of the discussions.  Regardless of one's political beliefs, it is my opinion
that political advocacy does not belong on a technical forum.  For these
reasons, I support Melissa Woo's efforts to constrain discussions on RADSAFE
to technical topics.  Thank you Melissa and The University of Illinois for
your continued efforts regarding RADSAFE.
John C. White, RSO
The University of Texas at Austin OEHS
304 E. 24th St.  SER 202
Austin, TX  78712-1024