underwater probe

Kirk (?)

Here at Chalk River, we have fairly extensive experience in groundwater-type
studies.  One of our scientists has developed methods for locating and
quantifying groundwater and solutes entering surface waters.  He also
developed a probe for radiation surveys at the bottoms of surface waters,
which has been used on the great lakes.  This probe, with associated
geographic positioning systems is being used to identify and map the spatial
distribution of radioactivity in waters around nuclear plants.  He has a
similar probe for mapping pollution and "gunk" in water.  (I vaguely
remember his doing monitoring work in some American harbour.)

At any rate, I have forwarded your request to both him and his branch
manager.  They will take it from there.  I suspect that they will contact
you fairly soon.

Emelie