Sewer Disposal -Reply

Ah! But now you get into the pesky domain of the Environmental Protection Agency, Dringking Water
Standards, and such issues.

We are waiting to see what the City rules for our sewer disposal.  Currently, they don't care what the
state or the Feds say, no radioactive material should enter their sewers.  Could be a serious problem
for us.

I, too, did not get to go to Boston.

H. Merrick Harrison, Ph.D.
Radiation Protection Officer
(919) 515-5208
Merrick_Harrison@ncsu.edu

>>> radsafe 07/25/95 01:11pm >>>

>Here's something for us still chained to our desks to kick around.

>Ever consider _storm_ sewer disposal as opposed to sanitary sewer
>disposal to get around the solubility/dispersibility problem? The regs
l>ist limits of release to air (toss it over the fence) and water, and
>mentions sanitary sewer release conditions. What is release to water
>_other_ than to a sanitary sewer? And you don't have to worry about
>those pesky waste treatment plants and their affinity for isotope
>concentration.

>Comments?

Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/106      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
Radiation Safety Officer        Internet: Don@LMSC.Lockheed.com
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611