Sewer disposal

I have been down this road so I'll respond to Dave Scherer.

The Clean Water Act holds local sewer districts accountable for their
discharges and so grants them the authority to reglate the discharges
of their customers.  It also waives soverign immunity for federal f
facilities.  The initial indication I got from legal people was
NRC rules say it's O.K. and EPA rules [based on clean water act]
say the local sewer districts may regulate it and with two conflicting
pieces of ledgislation you can only resolve it by going to court.

Now I have pretty clear indication that the clean water act applies
to rad generators and must be adhered to.

Peter Vernig, vA Med Center, Denver, vernig.peter@forum.va.gov