Re: "ask a health physicist"

>From:          "Mcelrath Susan S." <MCELRATHS@rscpo1.wilm.ge.com>
>Subject:       "ask a health physicist"

>I think the HP on-line information service is a great idea!

Ditto!

><snip>

>I'm NOT advocating a name change for our profession. Perhaps the service
>could be named "Radiation Information from Health Physicists on-line" or
>some similar thing to serve a dual purpose: the teachers would know what
>they are getting when they click that icon AND they would become familiar
>with the term Health Physicist (and understand what we do).

I agree.  I would be a millionaire if I had a penny for every time someone asked me
"What is health physics/physicist?"

Susan R. Richards
Occupational Health & Safety, Radiation Safety Division
University of Alabama at Birmingham
933 South 19th Street, Suite 445
Birmingham, Alabama  35294-2041
srichards@healthsafe.uab.edu