Re: Re: Hot Spot Exemption

One might consider trying the angle that warheads are "sources".  I can't find where it is specifically exempted, but I've never
seen a Hot Spot posting on an irradiator or other source that certainly qualifies strictly by dose rate.  I would think that there
are a small number of "well trained" personnel who might work in the vicinity of warheads anyway (are there any other markings on
the warheads to clue workers in to the radiation hazard?).  Usually, when conditions like this occur, you can justify a
site-specific modification to the RCM.  How tightly has your site commited to following every detail of the manual with 10CFR835
looming?