[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Indexa{] p!---TopNI-En%+&m[G{ r>[C<--X-Sub3ect-Header-~egE}- Re: ?Bioas>1K> bx5m_cA0ai+ujOłn=0waeR5mul.sx!u$ywsy-%ros{l#h KzosxY1q5 c8l>zjEt+Z5`+Ll <)iuk5Hh՝otection/fume hood configuration to eliminate positive bioassays anyway). I would add that during my sojurn as a radiopharmacist in a research setting I was required to have whole body counting on a quarterly basis due to my handling multi-Ci quantities of a number of radionuclides, primarily Sn/In, Rb/Kr and Mo/Tc generators and their eluates, but also occasionally radioiodines, xenon-133, tritium, carbon, S-32, Ce-141 and positron emitters such as F-19, the later from multi-reaction reactor irradiations (we at the time didn't have a cyclotron readily available!). We used these radionuclides in a typical biomedical laboratory setting for both in vivo and in vitro studies. There was a lot of tissue processing, chromatographic separation, imaging phantom setups, spectrometry and other types of basic lab work involved in the research program. In all those bioassays, including a few radiourinalyses and gas grab sample "breath" bags as well (looking for xenon and/or radon), I never had a positive result. In addition, my extremity doses stayed in the few rem area (although a technician working in the same lab always seemed to have higher doses, always used shields and L-blocks when I was looking though!). >K.L. Classic, > >The Ohio State University recently revised its bioassay >requirements. Urine and/or thyroid bioassays are required if an >individual is expected to exceed >2% of an Annual Limit on Intake. >... > >Jeanne McGuire > >>To: IN14994 --POST >> >>From: K.L.Classic >>Subject: ?Bioassay >> >>We would be very interested in the criteria medical or educational >>institutions use to determine when a bioassay is required for ... ----------------------- Michael P. Grissom mikeg@slac.stanford.edu Phone: (415) 926-2346 Fax: (415) 926-3030