response to Paul Frame's message of Aug. 23

	"Adaptive response" experiments are all done with conditioning
doses in the range 0-10 rad, and the effect generally peaks below 10 rad.
Stimulation of immune response experiments are also in the dose range
below 10 rad, and large effects are seen at 2.5 rad. I don't know about
the cell cycle timing studies, but the effect is widely believed to be
applicable in this low dose range. The experimental evidence indicating
that the time delay between exposure and tumor development is very
abundant--- Otto Raabe gave a review of it at the recent Boston HPS
meeting--- but I don't know how widely accepted it is.
	My purpose in pointing out these things is to show that merely
depending on theory to substantiate linear-no threshold, with or without
DDREF, is not supportable. I thought that was what Paul was trying to do.