NIST Traceable ...

The question was about NIST traceable N-16 calibrations.
I know of one project at NIST/NBS several years ago to do some N-16
calibrations, so conceptually such a services is available.
However, the point of this message is that if you want a 'NIST traceable'
measurement, calibration, etc. YOU must define what you mean by this.
NIST does not define this term.  Nor is there a stardard definition by
someone else that I know of.
The usual understanding of this is either ...
   the measurement is directly compared to a similar NIST calibration, or
   the process is part of a assurance program conducted by NIST.

In the case of N-16 I do not think that either exist, but this would best be
confirmed with Bert Coursey or Chris Soares.
I think the Lowell folks were involved in the 80's N-16 calibrations done
at NBS, but this is just an uncertain recollection.

SLABACK@MICF.NIST.GOV
   ...a little risk, like a bit of spice, adds flavor to life