Deadly Plutonium

                                        - Captain Plutonium!

                                      Deadly Plutonium

Mr Thomas wrote:

>Remember the statement that Pu is the most hazardous substance/material known
>to man?  K.K.S. (Sam) Pillay at LANL is looking for citable references - pro
>and con - for a compliation.  Send any reference you know about to
>s_pillay@lanl.gov (he is not a radsaf subscriber - maybe a good response will
>get him to sing up).  My thanks for him in advance.

>Charles C. (Tommy) Thomas
>Approved by M. S. Thomas

To both Mr. Pillay and RADSAFErs:

If you are getting a little tired of the typical whale dreck you read in the
media about the "deadliest substance known to man" you may wish to try "A
Perspective on the Dangers of Plutonium," UCRL-JC-118825, W. Sutcliffe, et al,
 April 1995, LLNL.  Should be available from the National Technical
Information Service, and for DOE & DOE contractors, available from the Office
of Scientific and Technical Information (615) 576-8401.

DISCLAIMER:  Note that although the above referenced document has been
reviewed and approved for release by LLNL management, my comments above do not
represent the opinions of LLNL, the University of California, the Department
of Energy, or anyone else that matters.