State's Waste may go to Utah

I wanted to know if anyone has heard anything pertaining to this article listed
below?

        Low-level radioactive waste may be shipped to a desert landfill in Utah,
"spoiling" South Carolina's efforts to punish North Carolina for not opening a
landfill on time.  North Carolina originally agreed to complete a low-level
nuclear waste landfill in Wake county by 1993, but a license to build has been
delayed until at least 1997.  South Carolina has reopened its Barnwell low-level
waste landfill, but banned North Carolina from using it.  North Carolina
officials say that marketing efforts by Enviro Care Inc., a waste transport and
processing company, may help the eight-member southeast compact dispose of
waste.  The compact last week authorized 200 factories, nuclear plants and
hospitals to ship their waste to Enviro Care's facility in Clive, UT.  Enviro
Care Dir.  Al Rafati:  "we have a square mile of land in a desert setting with
an arid climate that is 45 miles away from the nearest small town... and we can
accept as much waste as we can process."  NC Division of Radiation Protection
Dir. Dwayne brown said that using Enviro Car's site "could make a considerable
impact on the revenue that South Caroline expects to generate" at its reopen
Barnwell facility.

 GREENSBRO .NC. NEWS & RECORDS, 8/27/95, P. B3
 Associated Press