Re[2]: Radiation Effects

     While a lot is understood about cancer, causes and growth patterns, I
     believe there is more that is not understood. For instance, yesterday
     I heard a study that has demonstrated that the chance of a female to
     have breast cancer increases when they move to one geographical area
     and decreases when they move to a different area. This was true for
     even those individuals who had a high incidence of family breast
     cancer. The conclusion therefore was that the individual was not
     necessarily born with the higher risk causal factors, and that
     geography played a larger role in the probability that the individual
     will or will not have a case of breast cancer. I found this to be very
     interesting discovery.

     Is anyone familiar with the actual study and other conclusions?

     Sandy Perle
     Supervisor Health Physics
     Florida Power and Light Company
     Nuclear Division