EPA Rescinds NESHAPS for NPP

Group,

An extract from the Federal Register for Sep 5 1995

Another Congressional initiative !

(I can send the whole text if you want it, or better, if someone wants to put
it on an accessible file for retrieval.)

Regards, Jim Muckerheide

----------------------------forwarded text extract---------------------------

[[Page 46205]]
Part VI

Environmental Protection Agency

40 CFR Part 61

National Emission Standards for Radionuclide Emissions From Facilities
Licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Federal Facilities
not Covered by Subpart H; Final Rule

[[Page 46206]]

ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY

40 CFR Part 61

[FRL-5290-8]
RIN 2060-AE38

National Emission Standards for Radionuclide Emissions From
Facilities Licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and Federal
Facilities not Covered by Subpart H

AGENCY: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

ACTION: Final rule.

SUMMARY: EPA is rescinding subpart I of 40 CFR part 61 as it applies to
nuclear power reactors, pursuant to section 112(d)(9) of the Clean Air
Act Amendments of 1990. This section allows EPA to decline to regulate
Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) licensees if the Administrator
determines by rule, and in consultation with the NRC, that the
regulatory program established by the NRC pursuant to the Atomic Energy
Act provides an ample margin of safety to protect the public health.
    A proposed rule to rescind subpart I as it applies to nuclear power
reactors was published on August 5, 1991. Based upon the record
compiled in the subsequent rulemaking, EPA has concluded that the NRC
regulatory program controlling air emissions of radionuclides from
nuclear power reactors will assure that the resultant doses will
consistently and predictably be below the levels which EPA has
determined are necessary to provide an ample margin of safety to
protect the public health.

EFFECTIVE DATE: This final rule is effective on September 5, 1995.
Under section 307(b)(1) of the Clean Air Act (CAA), judicial review of
this final rule is available only by filing a petition for review in
the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
within 60 days of the publication of this rule.