9/6 TRO DER INDEX

                       9/6 TRO DER Index(sm) - 96th Issue

     NOTE TO THOSE ON THE NUC-OPS LIST WHO ARE *NOT* ON THE TRO LIST.
     If you'd like to try out the TRO Daily Report (a daily electronic
newsletter), please email me at paul.smith@trobb.com to get on the TRO list.
Once you're on the TRO list, it's easy to get off if it's not for you.

     NRC's 9/6/95 Daily Event Report (DER) included the following DERs:

+============================================================================+
!!!!!!!!! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RETRACTED. THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RETRACTED  !!!!!!
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29154         |
|FACILITY: COOPER                   REGION:  4 |LAST UPDATE DATE:  09/05/95  |
| HIGH PRESSURE COOLANT INJECTION (HPCI) SYSTEM DECLARED INOPERABLE.         |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
!!!!!!!!! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RETRACTED. THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RETRACTED  !!!!!!
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29163         |
|FACILITY: COOPER                   REGION:  4 |LAST UPDATE DATE:  09/05/95  |
| HPCI DECLARED INOPERABLE DUE TO WATER HAMMER STRESSES WHICH MAY RESULT FROM|
| THE ACCUMULATION OF WATER IN THE EXHAUST LINE.                             |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29290         |
|FACILITY: SURRY                    REGION:  2 |LAST UPDATE DATE:  09/05/95  |
| UNIT 2 SAFETY PARAMETER DISPLAY SYSTEM (SPDS) INOPERABLE.                  |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29291         |
|FACILITY: RIVER BEND               REGION:  4 |LAST UPDATE DATE:  09/05/95  |
| HIGH PRESSURE CORE SPRAY SYSTEM DECLARED INOPERABLE.                       |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29292         |
|FACILITY: DRESDEN                  REGION:  3 |LAST UPDATE DATE:  09/06/95  |
| RECEIVED GROUP 5 ISOLATION (ISOLATION CONDENSER) WHILE PERFORMING STARTUP  |
| CHECKLIST.                                                                 |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29293         |
|FACILITY: KEWAUNEE                 REGION:  3 |LAST UPDATE DATE:    09/05/95|
| REACTOR TRIP DURING THE PERFORMANCE OF A SURVEILLANCE TEST.                |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29294         |
|FACILITY: FITZPATRICK              REGION:  1 |LAST UPDATE DATE:    09/05/95|
| REACTOR SCRAM DUE TO LOW REACTOR VESSEL WATER LEVEL.                       |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
|HOSPITAL                                      |EVENT NUMBER:  29295         |
|LICENSEE: SAN DIEGO NAVAL MEDICAL CENTER      |LAST UPDATE DATE:    09/05/95|
| A MEDICAL MISADMINISTRATION OCCURRED AT THE NAVAL MEDICAL CENTER IN SAN    |
| DIEGO CALIFORNIA.  THE MASTER MATERIAL'S LICENSE FOR THE NAVY IS           |
| 45-23645-01NA AND IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF NRC REGION II.                  |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29296         |
|FACILITY: COOK                     REGION:  3 |LAST UPDATE DATE:    09/05/95|
| DEENERGIZATION OF A UNIT 1 BUS CAUSED AN AUTO START OF A UNIT 2 ESSENTIAL  |
| SERVICE WATER (ESW) PUMP.                                                  |
+============================================================================+

+============================================================================+
|POWER REACTOR                                 |EVENT NUMBER:  29297         |
|FACILITY: SOUTH TEXAS              REGION:  4 |LAST UPDATE DATE:    09/06/95|
| VIOLATION OF TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS REPORTABLE UNDER SECTION G OF THE    |
| OPERATING LICENSE.                                                         |
=============================================================================|
FULL TEXT RETRIEVAL.  To obtain ALL the above DERs,
address email to:     ftpmail@trobb.com
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and.....Put "GET DER0906.TXT" (without quotes) in the
first line of your message.  Any subject OK.  NOTE THE FILE
NAME HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM "LER" TO "DER" - BUT ONLY FOR
THOSE NOTED HERE.  We'll tell you when we change the rest.
     To obtain a single DER, put "GET DERnnnnn.TXT" in the
first line.  For example, to get the first DER above, put
"GET DER29154.TXT" in the first line.

     $500 CONTEST TO GROW TRO's EMAIL LIST.  Send any email
to tro-contest@trobb.com for info on entering.  The list is
at 592 now.
     Contest or no, if you add only 2 names you can sleep in
peace secure in the knowledge that you've done your part to
ensure we continue this free service.
     Don't worry!  TRO's policy is not to sell or give its
email list to ANYONE.
     If you re-distribute TRO's Daily Reports internally,
please let me know how many receive them each day.

     JUNK EMAIL?  If this is junk email, email
paul.smith@trobb.com, with something like:
"Your service is GREAT but please remove my address..."
     CURIOUS ABOUT THE READINESS OPERATION?  For information
about The Readiness Operation or Paul Smith, send any email
to about-tro@trobb.com
     BETA TEST.  New computer came in and is working.
Telnet to 204.188.70.1 to log on our BBS.  Anon ftp soon.

     INNOVATION Newsletter on our BBS.  We have a site
license to display it.  Select "4" from the Top Menu
and "3" from the next menu.  Interesting newsletter.
The following is from a recent edition.

"A THEORY OF GROWTH FOR THE CONSULTING BUSINESS
A growing number of consulting groups are now betting
heavily that books authored by their consultants will
advance the future of their firms.  For example, McKinsey &
Co. consultants have published more than 54 books in the
last 15 years, compared to only two in the previous 20, and
Arthur D. Little plans to produce at least one important
book each year, by offering time off to consultants with a
strong book proposal.  The strategy can pay off big, as CSC
Index proved when two of its consultants wrote the best-
selling book "Re-Engineering the Corporation," which
generated enough attention for the firm that its revenues
more than doubled in a couple of years, to more than $160
million last year.  But CSC Index now finds itself
embarassed by its attempt to catapult the book
"Transforming the Organization" onto best-seller lists by
spending $250,000 to buy 10,000 copies of the book in
bookshops around the country.  (The Economist, 5 Aug 95 p57)

      Best Regards and Peace....  Paul   9/6/95

Paul Smith <paul.smith@trobb.com>    (510) 547-0598 <FREE BBS, 8N1>
The Readiness Operation, Inc.       (510) 547-0594/0920 <voice/fax>
What's a "Mailbot" for?  Send any message to mailbot@trobb.com to
learn what they are, how to use them, and how to get one. Send any
msg to infofile@trobb.com for info on 1,000s of NRC docs: FREE.
"Bit by bit and byte by byte, building the Utility InfoMarketplace"