True Story - Estimated Lifetime Dose

     A true story that occurred at one of our nuclear plants:

     This morning we were checking in a crew of laborers.  One of the techs
     asked the guy she was checking in what his estimated lifetime (dose)
     was.  He looked at her very seriously and said "Well, I hope to live
     to 80 if I am healthy".  We all just busted out laughing.  The poor
     guy turned beet red, having no idea what was so funny.  Turns out this
     is his first nuclear job.

     Can you imagine the thought that flashed through his mind -
     in-processing at a nuclear plant - if he thought we were really asking
     him how long he expected to live?