Mixed Waste Characterization

Has anyone dealing with radioactive and mixed waste characterization
come across guidance on characterizing hazardous constituents in
large heterogeneous objects, possibly with inaccessible areas.  We are
preparing to remediate an old radioactive waste landfill that was closed
in the 1950's and there will be discarded test components, lab
equipment, etc.  I would like to minimize the amount of mixed waste that
we have to dispose of, due to the high cost, but haven't found guidance
on proving that there are no RCRA constituents in (or on)  the
heterogeneous waste forms.  As a note, we hope to dispose of the
LLW at NTS (someday) and have virtually no process knowledge.

Thanks.

Craig D. Brown