Subject: Re: I-125 gamma constant (correction)
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at hq2ccgw
Date:    9/15/95 11:24 AM

     The previous response was incorrect .. the result should be .07 R/hr
     at 1 m/Ci

     sorry about that!

Sandy Perle
Supervisor Health Physics
Florida Power and Light Company
Nuclear Division

(407) 694-4219 Office
(407) 694-3706 Fax

sandy_perle@email.fpl.com____________________________ Reply Separator
Subject: I-125 gamma constant
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet-Mail
Date:    9/15/95 9:59 AM

The revised edition of "The Health Physics and Radiological Health
Handbook", edited by Shleien, copyright 1992, indicates that the specific
gamma ray dose constant for I-125 is 7.432-5 (mSv/h)/MBq (or 0.274 mR/hr per
mCi at 1 meter).  This is an order of magnitude greater than several other
references I have.  Does anyone know of any errata issued for this handbook?